What can I expect when I walk into Clinique PsySanté?
At Clinique PsySanté, we work hard to establish a warm and safe environment for our clients. When you walk through our doors, you will be welcomed by a peppermint and lavender aroma and greeted by our psychology interns who are all university graduates. There will be someone prepared to answer all your questions and concerns, and help guide you through the process of achieving a better well-being. We also have an assortment of herbal teas that you can select from while you wait in our restful reception area.
It is our hope that you feel safe and connected when you come to visit us. We understand that the road to our clinic may not have been an easy one, and we do all we can to ensure a pleasurable and transformative experience for you.
How do I set up an appointment?
Setting up an appointment is a very simple process. We ask that you first call the clinic in order to talk to the client-care coordinator who will ask some brief and general questions about your situation. You will be asked to provide a number at which we can best reach you. You will then be asked to fill out a brief questionnaire, including questions about your circumstances, what you expect to gain from your therapy, and your medical history.
All this information is to give us a better sense of who you are as a person, and to give us a better sense of what kind of assistance we can provide you so you get the most out of your therapy session. The director of the clinic will review your completed questionnaire and have a brief phone consultation with you where he will match you with the best therapist for your needs.
What is the general assessment and intervention process?
In order to best assess your present circumstances to determine the best treatment process, we ask you to fill out an assessment questionnaire and have a 90-minute initial assessment session with your therapist. Following these assessments, we are able to outline an intervention including therapeutic techniques and estimated duration.
What type of services do you offer?
Given our multidisciplinary team of therapists, we are able to provide a wide range of services. These include clinical psychology services, holistic psychotherapy, holistic coaching, sports psychology services, psycho-educational assessments, clinical hypnosis, naturopathy, tutoring, and yoga therapy!
What conditions do you provide support for?
We provide services for a variety of different conditions. Our specialties include treatment for stress and anxiety, mindfulness meditation, ADD, ADHD, behavioural disorders, learning disorders, connecting with spirituality, eating disorders, weight loss, and depression.
What is the length of treatment?
The length of treatment is determined on a case by case basis. That way, we tailor your treatment process specifically to your needs in order for you to gain the most from our service. The length of your treatment will be discussed in your assessment session with your therapist.
How long is each session?
Your first appointment will be 1 hour and 30 minutes in duration. This first appointment is your assessment session where you will discuss your questionnaire with your therapist in more detail, and a treatment plan will be established. Your following sessions will be 1h in duration.
What is the holistic approach?
The holistic approach in health care has gained tremendous popularity in recent years and is quickly becoming the philosophy of choice for those seeking to be in charge of their own health. Here are a few ways that we adopt a holistic approach:
1)We work with an open heart – We recognize that any type of healing occurs in an environment of safety, and each practitioner is committed to working in a compassionate, caring, and supportive way.
2) We focus on lifestyle change – Our intention is to support your healing process every step of the way. We support change in daily behaviours and encourage you to establish new patterns of healthy living. The result is that you may prevent disease, encourage your well-being, and promote your enjoyment of life in a perspective of self-responsibility.
3) We promote your empowerment – Our goal is that you become fully successful in managing your own health and life in an effective way. In this way, you will be able to develop greater mastery over your life and thus create the life that you deserve.
4) We educate you about general health and wellness – Our passion is teaching you how to best care for yourself, by explaining to you the inner workings of the mind-body-spirit system, and the many ways you can support your healing process and maintain optimal health.
5) We follow and support the scientific model – We are committed to using tools and techniques that have been scientifically tested and have proven their effectiveness over time. We are also keen on demonstrating the relationship between science and spirit.
6) We bring East and West together – Many ancient cultures and traditions are rich in healing philosophies and modalities. We strive to provide you with the very best treatment recommendations from around the world.
7) We address the causes of a problem – We believe in getting to the root of a problem. Managing only the symptoms does not constitute a long term solution because the causal underlying condition can often reappear, or even become aggravated.
8) We promote optimal vitality – We wish for you to become more energetic, peaceful, clear minded, and have a balanced lifestyle. We will go beyond just addressing your symptoms. We are dedicated to your optimal vitality.
9) We care for you using an integrative approach – Our staff enjoys working together and collaborating to support you. Since many of our professional services complement one another, you can rest assured that we are committed to supporting you in the most caring and competent way.
How do I know if I need to seek counseling?
This can manifest differently for different people. Some common signs to consider are:
- If you are feeling disconnected from your life, from things you normally enjoy, from people you usually enjoy being around.
- If you have experienced a trauma or loss and are having trouble coping.
- You are experiencing distress that is impacting your everyday life.
- If you are feeling that something is not right, and you are not able to work through it on your own.
- If you are having trouble understanding your thoughts or trouble concentrating.
- If you are experiencing anxiety that is impacting your daily functioning.
- Someone else has brought this up to you.
What benefits can I expect through therapy?
- Feeling more connected to yourself.
- Overcoming a difficult experience.
- Improving relationships.
- Feeling secure.
- Behaviour and lifestyle changes.
- Learning new tools and techniques that will help you maintain your well-being in the future.
- A feeling of peace.
- Gaining a support system
How can I determine what my goals are?
The therapist will help you determine clearly defined goals for your therapy that will bring you closer to becoming and feeling like the best version of yourself. Goals are often identified by specifying the types of distress you are feeling in your life and translating these into well-formed goals.
What are the methods of payment?
We accept a wide variety of payments. These include cash, Debit/Interact, Visa/MasterCard, and American Express.
Do you accept insurance?
The psychologist will provide you with receipts that can be claimed on your insurance, dependent on your specific coverage.
What if I need to cancel an appointment?
We ask that you notify us of any appointment cancellations 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment time. Failure to do so will result in a fee of ½ of your session cost.